Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Maroc Part deux ;)

I dont know what to say , from where to start and how to describe my feelings !!! am soo amazed happy and sad at the same time , let's start from the minute i left Qatar .. :)

10 hours flying from Doha to Casablanca airport , very tiring for me since it was my first "long Distance " flight , non sleeping and headache the whole time but it was worth it .

with "bonjour , ca va ? labas ? " i started my morning in Casablanca airport , everything in french , and with my little knowledge of it i could manage a bit , it took me a while to find my bag and the airport was really crowded and i was almost dying from all this !!! the minute i stepped to the arrivals door i couldn't see anyone holding my name which i was afraid of , until i walked till the end there was an old guy holding the "forum's " name i attended ... :)

3 hours from the airport to Asilah driving , my excitement died !! and i lost attention of anything , i barely took pictures of the road and couldn't speack with the driver since his "classic" arabic was poor but tried hardly to understand his Moroccan accent .. !!

once i arrived the hotel it was more like a village next to the sea , they gave me a sea view room which i fallen in love with the minute i arrived :D , it was lunch time and they told me that the group is on their way .

i went down to meet everyone , i only knew 2 guys from the organizers and for my surprise they were busy and didnt come for lunch :( so a guy asked me where i would like to sit , and i squeezed myself with a Moroccan group , who were amazing but still couldn't understand a word !!

according to the schedule after that we were supposed to go to the library where the work groups should meet , and my mission should start from there , i picked a group where i saw a name i recognized from a friend and he was Jordanian as well ;) , then after that i met some people from my work groups who were really nice and we even went together to see a Moroccan house , my first day was almost over when they suggested to have Moroccan tea , but i couldn't manage to complete the night and dinner since i was fainting and fully exhausted !!!

up till now i was feeling horrible , what brought me to this place and why am i doing this !! i couldn't really cope with the people yet and am already sitting alone in my room :( , i went to sleep waiting for more of the next day ...

it was breakfast , i went down to find an Egyptian lady sitting by herself , food wasn't served yet , so i went for a walk on the sea side , then i came back and sat alone on one of the tables , a Sudanese guy came and sat with me , very kind , talked to me as if he knows me since a long time ago and telling me all about the forum and what usually happens , he told me that i missed last night's party "which i didn't know about and i still regret not being there when i see their pictures " , off to the library and then to the meeting rooms i started to know people more and more , and had the intention to introduce myself .

in lunch time our table was crowded even everyone noticed that , i was really happy , at least i can talk to people and started to have fun from that point , i finally felt comfortable , at night there was a traditional party , where everyone should represent his country , i was wearing the Palestinian scarf , i got lot's of comments on that and was soo happy and proud of it :)

2 days left , we went to tangier the next day , 5 hours of great time , people i didn't know took really good care of me and a cute guy gave me his jacket when i felt cold ;) , i will never forget that night , our group of nine people missed the bus , and started running in the street to catch it !!!

the last day came :( , we didn't want to leave each other , we used to spend almost 24 hrs togather from breakfast till late parties at night , but the moment came , and we had to leave all back home , with tears , emails swapping and facebook id's .

the next morning i had to leave to casa since my friend from work lives next to it and i wanted to spend my last day in morocco there , attended the train for 5 hours which was really a new experience for me and it was amazing .

nothing interesting happened next , touring in busy street of Casablanca and missing the group of Asilah .


Hashem , Kamilia , Hazem , Roa'a , Ahmad , Mariam , Motaz , Amr , Sara , Amineh , Hanan and all my friends who made morocco a better place to spend a good time with .

love u and miss u all .. :)

1 Openions !!!:

KJ said...

Glad you enjoyed your time... I would have no idea how to handle all this pressure, I freak out because this is exactly the kind of awkward social situations I avoid lol!