Monday, February 04, 2008

Wikipedia.org

Today am going to write about this great search engine and Encyclopedia (I felt that am going to give a lecture or sth. lol), anyway although there was alot of offending opinions about some of the articles in it but still u can increase ur knowledge using it, u can also find that its using 18 different languages in addition to the Arabic language site.

it has alot of sub-sites also related to the same company , discovered that while I was looking for widgets and templates for my blog and I found " http://www.widgipedia.com/" , a site specified for widgets isn't that cool .


Other related site is "http://www.wikimapia.com/ " it's the same idea as Google Earth but u can add ur own location or anything related.


And there are lots and lots of other sites hosted by the wikipedia foundation.


To know more about its history, check the following link and u won't regret it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About


P.S. am not paid for this post, enjoy... ;)

5 Openions !!!:

Jood said...

you are right, it is a great one. though some lecturers wont accept it as a reference but I can still find it usefull!

Qabbani said...

Wiki my friend :D

hey nice new look :D

Anonymous said...

some lecturs dont accept it?! wow. I like wiki..

ĐàŋdŎöŅёH said...

Thanks all ,i know its soo effective and a great
u can consider me as a fan .
Qabbani
Thanks ..

Abed. Hamdan said...

wallah it has been - and still - my savior for two yrs. Great idea indeed