Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Going to Chicago and Texas - A Small trip to the USA

Took the visa , booked the ticket and flied to amman for my original destination at the begning , stayed there for 18 hours and in december 25th i flied off to Chicago ...

The plane was full so no place to sleep more than your own chair which i can hardly do with my EXTRA tall legs !! 14 hours of flying , non sleeping AT ALL , so staying awake and drinking coffe was the solution.

when i arrived the airport everything went smooth , regular questions as the interview ,then i went to pick up my bag since i have a connection flight to San antonio / Texas , the bags took time more than expected so i missed my flight , the closest one was the next day same timing , my sister called our relatives there to come and pick me up from the airport , i was so shy cause i barely know them and we see them like once in 10 years lol !!

when i arrived their home , i slept like i never did , and woke up the next day and seen the heavy snow , we called the airport and they said all flights were cancelled and the next flight to catch was after 2 days !!

we didnt do lot's of stuff in Chicago since it was snowing the whole time , but my relatives showed me around the place in the car , went to the movies and then to the mall.

the 2 days passed quickly and i finally flied to texas , but guess what !! i lost my bag !! the good thing was that we recived it the same day after 6 hours :) yes thats america , systemized in everything same like the arab world no difference at all !!

texas was great , i really had fun , i fell inlove with the american people , so kind and lovely , they say sorry and excuse for anything and everything and they really care !!

Here comes the best part , i contacted Noura , THE BLOGGER and we chatted for like 20-30 minutes since she wasnt at her place at that time , noura sry but i have to mention the whole story ;)

it was 9 in the morning , and my sister came to wake me up saying "dana telephone bazon noura" , i was shocked happy and excited , then her voice came "sho ba3dik ma w3eeti yallah 2omi sho 3m tistani" loool i really miss that conversation girl !! we talked about everything as if we know each other from ages , then she called me again to say bye , noura i really liked our small conversation and like to talk more about other stuff like we agreed ;)

last but not least everything was easy and simple , checking in and out procedures werent bad at all and i never felt weird because am an arab !

USA am coming back soon inshallah , wait for me ... :)

2 Openions !!!:

Anonymous said...

welcome back :)

ĐàŋdŎöŅёH said...

i wonder how you found me , if it's the same person i know !!
thanks anyways and welcome to the blog sphere ... :)